Thursday 31 December 2015

My New Years Day Makeup!

For perfectionists like myself I can spend hours searching for the perfect makeup look. Even if i'm just having a cosy day in with my family. Theres just something so special about doing your makeup on special occasions.
New Years day is the perfect time to show of your makeup skills! It's almost like your pass for it being acceptable to get glammed up for staying in. Meaning that this look is perfect for parties or general everyday wear.

Also, trying to do a makeup look whilst staying anonymous is near impossible! So sorry for that bad quality and not very clear pictures.



After prepping my face (cleansing, toning and moisturising) I apply collection lasting perfection concealer under my eyes and on any spots or blemish's I may have.



After blending that in with my ring finger, I set it with my anew powder. This helps to make it last longer and removes any un-wanted shine.


Next, I move on with contouring, highlighting and applying blush using my Tanya Burr cosmetics Rosy Flush cheek palette. I love using this because it really helps to add a naturally healthy glow to your face.



Its now time for brows! I lightly fill mine in with Number 2 in my W7 brow bar. I do this lightly because I prefer a more natural look with my eyebrows.

Moving onto eyes! I start by going all other my lid up to my crease with the colour Dust from my w7 In The Buff palette. It is a really pretty rose gold colour and looks stunning on the eyes.


I then sweep the colour Wave through my crease. I the create a V like shape from my crease to the end of my outer lash line.

Once I have finished blending the two colours together, using a small angled brush a line my top lash line with the colour Onyx.

I also waterline my eye with a brown eye pencil. (It doesn't say what company it's from as I got it out of a advent calendar but I really like it.)

Next, I curl my eyelashes using a eyelash curler. And then it's time for my favourite part... MASCARA! If there was one makeup item I couldn't live without, it would be mascara. Today I am using Clinique's high impact mascara.

To finish off I am using Tanya Burrs lip gloss in Lets Travel The World.

Here is the finished look! Again i'm really sorry that its not very clear and you cant see the full look altogether but I just don't want to show my full face. Sorry :(

I hope you liked my first ever tutorial. Happy New Year! Let's hope 2016 brings lots of amazing and great things to us.
BeautybyKK x

Why not say hello on my social medias?
Twitter~ @BeautybyKK1
Instagram~ @BeautybyKK2

No comments:

Post a Comment