Sunday 31 January 2016

Gorgeous Gingerbread Men!

During the winter months I love eating gingerbread. And lately I have been loving baking my own. These soft and chewy gingerbread gets the thumbs up of approval from all of my family. They are also super easy to make!



Prep: 20 minutes                          Cook: 10 minutes

Ingredients 
125g softened butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup golden syrup
1 egg
2 1/2 cups of plain flour
1 tbsp of powdered ginger
1 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

Method
1) Preheat oven to 180 (160 fan-forced)
2) Cream butter and brown sugar together
3) Add the egg and golden syrup and mix until combined
4) Add in everything else and mix together. (it might look a bit crumbly but don't worry!)
5) roll the dough out and cut into your desired shapes. (I used a teddy  bear cutter because I didn't have any men.)
6) Move the cut shapes onto a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes
7) Once baked, let them cool for 10 minutes. You could also decorate them how you like but I decided just to leave them plain)
5) Enjoy!





Let me know if any of you try these. Also, send me your pictures to my twitter!
BeautybyKK x
Twitter~ @BeautybyKK1
Instagram~ @BeautybyKK2 

No comments:

Post a Comment